We are looking to recruit an experienced Food and Beverage Venue Manager to oversee the operations in both Factory and The Box.
This post will be responsible for helping to shape and develop these two venues, establishing them as successful and profitable year-round destinations.
This post will need to:
• Deal with outside contractors/caterers;
• Manage the bars in both venues, including managing a team of casual staff, the cellar and stock;
• Manage turnover of tables, ensuring the venues remain clean and respectable at all times;
• Be responsible for stock taking and stock controls;
• Manage cash and keys;
• Working with external auditors and contractors;
• Manage the inhouse till systems;
• Take responsibility for the cleaning, health and safety and fire safety systems within both venues;
• Manage recruitment procedures;
• Deliver high quality events and excellent customer service to a variety of markets (varying from conference to weddings, formal to relaxed);
• Complete event management plans for events in both venues;
• Implement operational procedures and train casual staff members.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone that has had extensive experience in the hospitality industry, overseeing a venue with large banqueting facilities of 200 plus covers, bar management and food outlets. Although not the primary role some experience in venue sales will be advantageous to the success of these two new and unique spaces. As well as those outlined above, essential qualities and qualifications include:
• 3-5 years food and beverage or operations management experience in a hotel or event-based business;
• Being used to, and prepared to, work long and antisocial hours;
• Managing and understanding difference strengths within the team; managing large teams over different departments;
• Conflict management; dealing with problematic and aggressive guests and team members;
• Excellent communication and customer service skills;
• Personal licence holder;
• Qualification in health & safety and fire safety;
• Food hygiene certificate;
• Understanding trends in the events industry;
• Strong sales background and track record in securing large scale events.